Monday, November 26, 2007

Week Seven

The world of wikis : for this self-confessed technophobe, keeping up with the changes and advances in technology is a challenge to say the least. I have spent a fair amount of time looking at the various library wikis and the content of these is quite mind blowing. The links to articles, blogposts and various websites act as a one stop shop. I looked at Library success: a best practices wiki and the selection of books. Some very useful up-to- date information there.


I can see that a library wiki could provide a way for the customers to become more involved with the library by being able to post comments, access information and register with the librarians being able to respond and edit directly. Staff training conducted through a wiki could also have its advantages.

I couldn't access the PB Wiki Tour but have added my blog to the Favourite blogs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Some good ideas about implementation...keep going not far to the end