Sunday, December 2, 2007

Week Nine

This is the Dance of the Dying Swan from the ballet Giselle, probably my favourite ballet. To see this live is an amazing experience-look at the ballerina's arms, they are so fluid. I have had a lot of fun looking at YouTube and can see why it is so popular.

This site has an entertainment and youth focus on first glance. It could be used as an instructional aid in teaching information literacy, database and catalgoue searching similar to some of the videos we have viewed during this course.

The podcasting exercise was frustrating to say the least with the internet at an all time slow pace. Eventually I managed to attach a feed to my blog, http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheWorldAtNoon.

I am not sure that I would use this very often , happy to turn on the radio but can see the appeal of the visual plus the audio.

Had a look around Netlibrary and ebooks-certainly has its advantages: being able to search content is great but I am not sure how far the indexing is taken. I found a Family History book and a book on careers that I have added to my favourites and will look at both again.

No comments: